Latin American Seminar on Religious Education in Intercultural Philosophy / Seminario Latinoamericano de Educación Religiosa en Clave Intercultural
May 22 – May 24, 2018
National University, Heredia, Costa Rica. Learn More »
October 18, 2017
Many people ask how they can best support the work of BPFNA ~ Bautistas por la Paz. The most important way is to contribute annually to the General Fund, which supports everything from office space and staff salaries to the creation of our publications and our annual conference.
If you are looking for ways beyond your annual gift to make a difference, consider an additional donation to one or more of the following:
• Everly Broadway Memorial Scholarship Fund: This fund, named for long-time member and frequent Summer Conference attendee Everly Broadway, supports scholarships for students of color attending our annual summer conference, affectionately known as Peace Camp. Depending on need and availability, the gifts can cover up to the full costs of the conference as well as travel costs.
• Gavel Memorial World Peace Fund: This fund, established by a bequest from long-time members Victor and Eileen Gavel, lifts up the work of peacemakers throughout the world seeking to equip, mobilize and gather people to build a culture of peace rooted in justice. Annual funding is split each year between projects within North America and those beyond North America. Typical grants are between $1,500 and $3,000.
• The George Williamson Peace Action Fund honors the founding President of the Board who served the organization in that role for many years. The fund was created during our 25th Anniversary in 2009. Any BPFNA member can submit an application for a micro-grant of up to $500 to support individuals, the local level within North America. Work must be in keeping with our mission statement: Witnessing to God’s peace rooted in justice ~ working together until it comes.
• The Sehested Endowment is named in honor of Ken Sehested, our founding Executive Director who worked for us in that capacity for 18 years. The fund was established during our 25th Anniversary year in his honor and is intended as an endowment, meaning that we hope to grow the amount invested and eventually use the interest from the fund for the operation of BPFNA ~Bautistas por la Paz.
• Summer Conference Scholarship Fund: This fund supports scholarships for our annual summer gathering. Anyone of any age with a need for financial support can apply. Depending on need and availability, the gifts can cover up to the full costs of the conference.
Click here to make a donation now to the work of peace rooted in justice. If you would like to give to one of the designated funds mentioned above, please select "Designated Donation" and write in which fund you would like to support. Thank you for supporting our work!