August 10 – August 18, 2019
We have signed onto this second statement from Together for Human Dignity / Juntos por la Dignidad Humana. Click here to read the first statement.
“I was a stranger and you invited me in…” Jesus Christ
President Donals Trump
President Enrique Peña Nieto
President Elect Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador
Inter-American Commission on Human Rights
The association “Juntos por La Dignidad Humana” (United for Human Dignity) comprised of different Christian churches, theological institutions, and faith-based organizations, is making this call out of respect, solidarity, and humanitarian support for the exodus of the Central American migrants that find themselves crossing Mexico and who will shortly be reaching the United States of America.
We encourage both the Mexican government and United States' government, as well as international institutions, to provide the needed attention and protection to the thousands of Central American brothers and sisters who have opted to leave behind their countries in search of a better future for their families. It is of utmost importance that we implement new plans to face this contingency and any others that could arise to guarantee protection for all the families that decide to undertake this journey.
We recognize the motive of this historically colossal exodus has emerged from the poor living conditions from which they suffer from in their respective countries. Violence, corruption, hunger, bad government, and organized crime, all embedded in structural sin that has impoverished and enslaved our brothers and sisters, are primarily what propel them to attempt this venture.
We declare from our churches and faith-based organizations that we don’t view this caravan as a threat to our cities, but rather as an opportunity to expand our vocation of service for the most deprived and act altruistically towards those who have decided to seek a more dignified life. For this reason we encourage the Christian community of Mexico to be supportive and welcoming of our brothers and sisters who are in need.
We advocate that no human being is illegal and we reproach the indifference of our governments, the repressive treatment from our law enforcement, as well as the United States government's decision to militarize the Mexican American border. We ask that international organizations provide immediate humanitarian aid for the incidents that have developed in these past weeks.
All human rights are also the rights of the migrants and refugees. The safeguards and protections that we grant them today arm the common dignity of all humanity.
We reiterate this call to the North American and international community to consider the following:
- The freedom of movement is a protected human right.
- Forced migration echoes historical injustice.
- Consider the migrant’s point of view in any level of negotiation.
- Forced migration requires a just, durable, and sustainable solution.
Likewise we ask that you assure the following:
- The dignity and human rights of all migrants and refugees from all the countries that make up the Central American caravan in Mexico and the United States.
- A dignified and peaceful step forward for our countries.
- Timely processing of every refugee application.
- A fair consideration for everyone seeking asylum.
- The integrity and freedom of every family during the consideration of their case, specifically no separation of family members.
Just like the exodus of the Israelites, today God also hears the cry of His people. The cry has also reached our ears and has moved us to receive with open arms, just as Christ did to embrace the stranger and offer him the needed support.
“I have certainly seen the oppression of my people... I have heard their cries of distress because of their harsh slave drivers. Yes, I am aware of their suffering. (Exodus 3:7)
- IGLESIA MISIÓN DF PICI INTERNATIONAL MÉXICO
- JÓVENES BEREA 2.0
- TRANSFORMACIÓN URBANA INTERNACIONAL A.C
- COALICIÓN POR LA PAZ Y JUSTICIA A.C
- ORGANIZACIÓN NUEVA ESPERANZA RECONCILIACIÓN PAZ Y JUSTICIA A.C
- IGLESIA METODISTA DE MÉXICO
- WORLD METHODIST COUNCIL
- FUNDACIÓN MANOS EXTENDIDAS ÁNGEL ESTEBAN A.C.
- COMUNIDAD TEOLÓGICA DE MÉXICO
- IGLESIA VEREDA
- IGLESIA DEL PACTO “EL DORADO”
- IGLESIA “INTERLUDIO” DE ZACATECAS
- BORRA LA VIOLENCIA AC
- IGLESIA BAUTISTA SHALOM
- IGLESIA BAUTISTA JERUSALÉN
- SEMINARIO BAUTISTA DE MÉXICO
- CENTRO DE ESTUDIOS HUMANÍSTICOS AC
- IGLESIA PRESBITERIANA FUENTE DE REDENCIÓN
- MINISTERIO ESTUDIANTIL BAUTISTA NACIONAL
- PUNTO DE ENCUENTRO UNAM
- IGLESIA PACTO DE AMOR LA OBRERA
- COMUNIDAD UNIVERSITARIA REFORMADA
- IGLESIA PAHASION
- HEAVENS ROCK LIFE
- IGLESIAS POR LA PAZ
- COMUNIDAD ECUMÉNICA MAGDALA
- COMUNIDAD DE FE REFORMADA PENIEL
- INP JESUCRISTO REDENTOR PERFECTO
- JOVENES REINICIO
- PROYECTO CRUCES AC
- SANGHA DHAMMPADA BUDISMO ZEN
- ENRIQUE BARRERA A.C.
- MINISTRANDO A LOS ABUSADOS Y EXPLOTADO SEN MEXICO
- CONAM MONTERREY
- ALIANZA DE PASTORES DE CHIMALHUACAN
- IGLESIA ES DIVINOS SALVADOR DE SANTA MARÍA TLALMIMILOLPAN.
- COMUNIÓN MEXICANA DE IGLESIAS REFORMADAS Y PRESBITERIANAS
- JÓVENES METAMORFOSIS
- MOVIMIENTO TEOLOGÍA JÓVEN
- CIEAMM/ IGLESIA MENONITA
- IGLESIA BAUTISTA GÉNESIS
- ALICIA GUILLERMINA PLASCENCIA FAVILA
- IGLESIA EDEL PACTO EL DORADO
- IGLESIA DEL ARK
- BPFNA-BAUTISTAS POR LA PAZ
- IGLESIA BAUTISTA JERUSALÉN
- IGLESIA BAUTISTA DIOS ES AMOR
- RED DE CRISTIANOS POR EL CAMBIO