August 19, 2019 | Read more »
Tools for congregations and social justice activists
This one hour session offers tools to help faith communities and leaders engage in conversation about the current mass demonstrations in response to police violence, reflect on community responses such us the #BlackLivesMattter movement, and contextualize property destruction and police violence in marginalized communities.
The webinar includes a brief overview of the issues, progressive Christian theological perspectives on resistance and protests, resources for pastors, and tools for social justice activists. It will also provide a time for questions and answers.
The panel includes:
- David Vásquez-Levy, President of Pacific School of Religion
- Rev. Boyung Lee, PhD, Associate Professor of Practical Theology, Education and Spiritual Formation; Changemaker Fellowship Program Director
- Rev. Sharon Fennema, PhD, Assistant Professor of Worship and Director of Worship Life
- Randall Miller, PhD, Assistant Professor of United Methodist Studies, Ethics, and Leadership
- Jakada Imani, Director of the Center for Spiritual and Social Transformation at PSR will moderate.
The webinar will be recorded and will be available—along with other resources—through www.psr.edu and at https://transformationpsr.wordpress.com/welcome/resources/baltimore/
Sponsored by Pacific School of Religion, the Center for Spiritual and Social Transformation and the Theological Education for Leadership (TEL) Program and in cooperation with a number of denominational partners.