January 25 – January 25, 2018
Pullen Memorial Baptist Church, near downtown and NC State University in Raleigh, NC, seeks an Associate Pastor to serve full time with full benefits.
Pullen is a 130 plus year old social-justice oriented, progressive, ecumenical, inclusive, welcoming and affirming ABC/Alliance of Baptists church. We believe in a radical vision that all people are created in the image of God, an expansive love beyond humanity’s limits. We affirm that there are many paths to God and that no one person or religion holds all the truth. Read more about us on our website, especially http://www.pullen.org/our-touchstone/ and http://www.pullen.org/partnerships-and-affiliations/.
- Provide back up and support for the Pastor in all functions including worship planning and worship leadership, pastoral care, and staffing of assigned Pullen Councils and Committees;
- Plan, organize, and coordinate senior adult and young adult education and spiritual formation ministries, programming and services;
- Supervise children and youth ministerial staff;
- Plan, organize, develop, and implement small group, intergenerational and congregation-wide activities and programs.
Click here for more detailed information about the position.
- Ordained minister in the Christian tradition.
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor’s degree.
- Graduation from an accredited seminary or graduate school with a Master of Divinity or comparable degree.
- At least five years of experience in Christian education, pastoral care, work with seniors, young adults, and/or congregational life activities, supervisory responsibilities, or comparable work experience.
Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to Pullen Memorial Baptist Church, Attn: Associate Pastor Search Committee, 1801 Hillsborough Street, Raleigh, NC 27605.
Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled, but apply by February 15, 2018 for assured consideration. Position open after May 1, 2018.