December 10, 2018 | Read more »
The Baptist Peace Fellowship has worked to gather, equip and mobilize Baptists to build a culture of peace rooted in justice. Much of our support comes from dedicated peacemakers in over 80 BPFNA Partner Congregations from across the US and Canada.
The BPFNA provides our Partner Congregation members with valuable networking opportunities and peacemaking resources. Respecting the soul liberty of individual Baptists, we do not speak for our partners, but rather, we assist them in hearing and responding to Christ’s call of reconciliation and peacemaking in their own time and place.
Why should we become a Partner Congregation?
Perhaps most importantly, Partner Congregations have a direct connection to the largest network of Baptist peacemakers in the world. This allows opportunities for dialogue, shared ideas and mutual support.
In addition, BPFNA Partner Congregations receive:
- Subscriptions for two (one clergy, one lay contact) to Baptist Peacemaker, our award-winning quarterly journal. We can send you extra copies to share with your congregation
- Subscriptions to our quarterly e-newsletter, Model Ministries for Peace Rooted in Justice, which shares stories of peacemaking programs, projects, and ministries in our Partner Congregations
- Discounts on each new educational resource produced by the BPFNA
- Useful materials such as bulletin insert artwork and other liturgical aids; ideas for mission involvement; calls to action; BPFNA news releases
- Early notifications of special opportunities such as Friendship Tours and our annual summer Peace Camp, a conference for peacemakers
- Two vouchers each year to help members attend Peace Camp
- Early notifications of specialized training opportunities, including our expanding training program in Conflict Transformation
- Opportunities to have a BPFNA speaker at your church for only travel costs
- Congregation listings in Baptist Peacemaker and on a special section of our website, with a link to your church homepage