June 20, 2013
Lake Street Church of Evanston, IL seeks a senior minister to lead and share in the growth of its spiritual community.
Lake Street Church is a lively and progressive church that is rooted in Christian beliefs and actively explores and incorporates teachings from other faiths. They have an average Sunday morning attendance of 200+, are affiliated with the American Baptists Metro of Chicago as well as Association of Welcoming and Affirming Baptists, and are located in Evanston, a vibrant, lakefront community minutes from downtown Chicago.
Candidates should have the following talents and skills:
· Knowledgeable about world faiths;
· Accepting and nurturing of spiritual diversity, both Christian and non-Christian, including a strong belief in the concept of Soul Liberty;
· An ability to plan and deliver engaging and thought-provoking sermons and worship services;
· A leadership style that fosters collaboration, supports and directs lay creativity and participation in programs and ministries, supports long-range planning for growth, and ensures effective administration;
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including a willingness to speak from the heart about his/her journey;
· Comfortable participating in the larger Evanston community.
This individual must be an ordained minister with significant ministerial experience and have earned at least an M. Div. degree or equivalent.
Compensation and benefits are competitive. To apply:
Please email a cover letter, resume and letter of interest to the Senior Minister Search Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also direct any questions about the application process to the committee at the same email address.
In the letter of interest, please let us know how you prefer to be contacted and respond to the following questions in 300 words (or fewer) per question.
1. How would you describe your interest in Lake Street Church and what attracts you to this spiritual community?
2. What is your understanding of interfaith relations (please include your activities and experiences in this area)?
3. How does your ministry account for religious and theological diversity (please include your experiences in cultivating and leading such diversity)?
Lake Street Church
Senior Minister Search Committee